|(the divine assistant is the blonde)|
The pattern I had that most closely fitted what I wanted (which I'll call dress A) had a halter, which I cut down to make more of a heart-shaped neckline. However, the pattern front, before folding, had a pretty nice shape to it already, so I wanted to try using it for the basis of the sheer layer.
I found a pattern with the short sleeve and a full back (dress B) and a separate one with a flat lapel (dress C) that I liked. I layered them over top of each other and cut the fabric accordingly.
The edges of this needed to be taken in a LOT. I pinned it to my dress form, cut it down, and then did the same with the birthday girl. As such, I'm not sure how much the pattern combination helped, but I wouldn't have been confident enough to try making something myself without that step.
I added the boning to the original bodice shape. The pattern recommended adding the boning in channels, but I just sewed them between the layers to make sure that they didn't show.
I then got overconfident and sewed the pieces together without the chiffon. After I ripped the seams out it worked pretty well, though it helps that the birthday girl is a stunner:
Happy Birthday, Lady!